Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Full Day

Diffusion of Liberal Culture. That is certainly what my breakfast experience was. Of course the hotel supplied us Americans with traditional American fare (i.e. cereal and milk), but I wanted to branch out and try some of local foods. With the help of our guide, I chose some pita and cucumber hummus, along with some gelatin like substance that tasted like flan, and some various cheeses. Overall, I have to admit that is was all very good on the whole. P.S. Juice bars are evidently big over here. I had the best grapefruit juice - on tap - that anyone could ever wish for!

I am off to my first full day - it promises to be an exciting one.

Image note: The image here is what is believed to be the site of the Church of the Ascension. Located on the Mount of Olives, the Church of the Ascension was built because of a local tradition that Jesus ascended to heaven following the crucifixion from this spot. People believe that his footprints are imprinted in the stone floor of the chapel. Crusaders rebuilt it as an octagonal chapel, but after Jerusalem fell to Saladin it was transformed into a mosque.

No comments:

Post a Comment