After finding out about my trip to Israel last week I set out in a frenzy to get my first ever US Passport. This proved to be more frustrating than I additionally thought. Evidently you need an original (or certified copy) of your birth certificate. After rushing downtown - I was informed that my birth certificate was changed after I was adopted - which required me to pay more and fill out more paperwork.
Then came a rush to Kinkos where I took the worst photo ever and then on to the Post Office - which evidently closes for passport applicants at 3 p.m! So I woke up the next morning and drove to the post office only to stand in line for over an hour!
I have the feeling that all of this will be well worth it!
Passover celebrations are over so AIPAC staff are back in the office, so I should get more information on the trip sometime this week. Until then - shalom.
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment